'Agree With Everything - Deny Nothing - Embellish All

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Norwegian Pig-Racing

My friend the Country Doctor has just sent me a postcard from Norway. Sadly, owing to the inadequacies of technology, I can't put this up on the blog, but it depicts a strapping Nordic peasant astride a particularly large porker. In the background a range of Norwegian mountains is slowly eroding. To one side, a sign on a wooden shack reads 'Ekte Ceitost til Salos', which I assume means 'Last Bacon Before The Arctic Circle' or something. I'll be finding out the truth about Norwegian pig-racing myself this weekend, as I'm off to visit the Musical Engineer & Sundae Girl. After that a few days in Scotland. Which means that posts to this blog may be a touch irregular in the next 10 days.

So while I'm gone - here's a meme I picked up elsewhere in the blogoverse.

What three books are you most embarrassed about having started but never finished?

My candidates:

The Naked And The Dead by Norman Mailer

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Insatiability by Stanislaw Witkiewicz

Further contributions welcome in the comments below . . .

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Blog guys...!

If it stays clear later on, keep checking the sky for the northern lights... there's a "storm" going on right now (8.30pm, Monday) and if the storm persists a few more hours, until it's dark here in the UK, we should see something....

Fingers crossed!

- Stu (Cumbrian Skies)
STUARTATK@aol.com

30/5/05 8:31 pm  
Blogger Nick said...

Stu, if there's any evidence up here in Torridon, I'll let you know.
Renaissance Man - I think it's embarrassed not to have finished (at least it is in my three). But please feel free to expand the terms of reference . . .

31/5/05 5:30 pm  
Blogger Nick said...

Please go ahead . . .in my case there'd be too many to mention . . .

14/6/05 7:25 pm  
Anonymous Michael J said...

Several years too late, I know, but I came to this by something of a roundabout route. I was rather enjoying the quality of the blog... and then, suddenly, a chance presented itself to get all big-headed about knowledge of Nordic languages...

Can't say I know what ceitost is, but I imagine the sign on the shack on the post card probably simply says "Genuine goat's cheese (geitost) for sale".

Glad to be of service.

29/3/10 11:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home