'Agree With Everything - Deny Nothing - Embellish All

Friday, July 14, 2006

Little Wing

The Wandering Minstrel has returned to the Arkleby boheme from his job as a charity mugger down south. When I step out into the courtyard he's hard at work on his car, stereo system turned up to 11, playing Jimi Hendrix's delicious Little Wing. The lyricism of those guitar notes, their lightness of touch and ethereal timbre are somehow right in tune with the heat and haze of the Cumbrian afternoon. Out in the fields beneath my window they're hay-timing. The weekend starts here . . .

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And in an hour and 52 minutes, vacation starts here. I'll be ankle-deep, at least, in the ocean before noon tomorrow.

Finally. What a year.

I guess if WWIII starts in the Middle EAst, we'll figure it out when we go to gas up for the trip home next weekend.

14/7/06 8:13 pm  
Blogger David Harkins said...

My "Hendrix In The West" LP's got the man with the guitar amaze the crowd in San Diego's sports arena with a stunning version of Little Wing, followed by equally stunning Red House - What a guy!

15/7/06 10:09 am  
Blogger User451 said...

That's very spooky, little wing was next on my playlist as I read your post.

15/7/06 10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home