'Agree With Everything - Deny Nothing - Embellish All

Friday, August 11, 2006

Make No Mistake

The perfectionists amongst us will notice that inevitably a small mitsake will get posted with every blog. Why is it, that no matter how much we proof read, a word in the wrong place with a correct spelling will be missed. Have I become autistic or is it something to do with typing/use of the PC? Yesterday I typed good instead of could and your instead of you.
A thought! Wouldn't it be more accurate to spell mistake as mitsake? And why is dyslexia such a difficult word to spell?

2 Comments:

Blogger Ray and Gill said...

Proof reading used to be a profession - until the spell checker arrived on the scene. Some poor soul put this up on the wall of our graphics studio -

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

14/8/06 7:26 pm  
Blogger Nick said...

Ray & Gill - superb . . .

14/8/06 8:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home