'Agree With Everything - Deny Nothing - Embellish All

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Darwin Awards For Geese

Hurtling towards London yesterday, intent on a rendez-vous at the National Archives, I was alarmed to see the vehicles ahead of me begin to sway and skid wildly across the road. A second's terror was succeeded by relief and then hilarity: they'd been swerving to avoid a goose and her six goslings who were just then clearing unscathed the last of six lanes of traffic in their quest for the gravel-pits of Thorpe Park.
Or so I thought: looking in my rear-view mirror five seconds later I saw mother goose waddle round and begin to lead her brood back across the carriageway.
Clearly they'd been misinformed about the attractions of Thorpe Park. Wherever they were heading next, I hope they got there safely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home