'Agree With Everything - Deny Nothing - Embellish All

Friday, May 05, 2006

Nella Citta Rossa

In the Red City yesterday on business I was accosted by four exhausted middle-aged backpackers. They were Italian, from Genoa, and had spent the previous five days walking westwards from Newcastle along Hadrian's Wall. I made the same trip, opposite direction, with Franklin & Eleanor two years ago & can vouch for the sheer excellence of the experience. We managed to communicate (their English far better than my survival Italian) and I directed their search for a good B&B towards the TI office in the town square. Entirely appropriate, I guess, that walking along the ancient international frontier is now an international holiday of choice. Their next expedition, apparently, is to be from Seville to Santiago. More mountains, different food, and a whole lot hotter . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home