'Agree With Everything - Deny Nothing - Embellish All

Monday, August 14, 2006

Are We Being Ironic Yet?

Satire's not dead - it's just not feeling very well. Driving out of Carlisle on the A595 this morning, not far from Morton School, I noticed that some idiot suburbanite has inflicted his taste in exterior decoration on the luckless populace. A 1930s suburban semi is now adorned with two pitch-black Hollywood High-Concept Gothique dragon's-head door stops, while above the front door are painted the words Fir Kew Hall. Laugh? I thought I'd never start . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

Oh come on!One man's sense of humour is another woman's apoplectic rage, but I'm all for self expression and I think the dragons are cool!! Mind you I don't have to live next to them, but even if I did they would give me a laugh each day...until I stopped seeing them.

28/8/06 2:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for your comments...the name was only for fun...my husband has now removed it tho x

4/7/10 7:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home