'Agree With Everything - Deny Nothing - Embellish All

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Stop This Retail Madness

Whitehaven, Sunday morning. Fear stalks the aisles of the nation's favourite greengrocer.
Promptly at 10.00am the doors open and a crowd of West Cumbrian happy shoppers flood into the store, your bloggist among them. I execute a well-planned raid on the paper stall and fresh vegetable section and present myself at the checkout. The girl takes one look at my shopping and throws down the 'This Checkout Is Closing' sign behind my bananas. Evidently, I'm her last customer of the day. I look at the clock on the wall. It is 10.04am.
Is it just me?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick,

I rather imagine the clerks union negotiated a mid-morning break in their contract

3/5/07 6:56 pm  
Blogger Nick said...

Phred, I'd personally be wary of any set of organisations calling themselves 'Connect', 'Prospect', 'Community', 'Unison', etc etc, though probably for different reasons to you. Clearly, any half-baked wideboy management consultant offering a shit-for-brains rebranding strategy based on a platitudinous name-change is going to find rich pickings among the vanguard of the proletariat. How unlike their class enemies the entrepreneurial market-driven CEO geniuses who brought us 'Corus', 'Xansa', 'Mondays', 'MoreThan' . . .

9/5/07 11:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home