'Agree With Everything - Deny Nothing - Embellish All

Friday, October 28, 2005

Oh won't you write me a letter frae Aspatria. Les Delices numero ??

Today, in Spyatri, I tried to buy some croissants.
‘Nah’ was the response ..’ there’s no demand’
2 years back I tried to buy some for breakfast. I was informed that ‘as they were cakes they didn’t make them until the afternoon’ . ‘So’…. I says ‘can you make some of these cakes for tomorrow morning please .. make an exception’.
The Co-op made an exception and the following morning I was waiting at the checkout when the 5 (yes 5) croissants were put on the shelf.
‘I’ll take the 5’ I sez (would have preferred 6 but..).
‘You can’t tek aw 5’ says the checkout guard.
‘Why not?’
‘Cos there’ll be nin left’
Yeah!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Viking Longship said...

Nearly fell off my chair when I read this....

Classic, you've got the accent down to a t also

28/10/05 11:31 am  
Blogger Nick said...

I can confirm that there were no croissants to be had in the Aspatria co-op at 9:30 this morning. The staff seemed oddly untroubled by this glaring deficiency . . .

29/10/05 10:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home