'Agree With Everything - Deny Nothing - Embellish All

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Guided By Voices

New residence, new job. Thanks to a chain of events too unlikely and complicated to recount in a blog post I seem to have got myself a gig voicing corporate DVDs. Production of which appears to be rife in Cumbria, if the lavishly appointed state-of-the-digital-arts studio that I've just come back from is any indicator of these things. Faced with the task of conveying limitless fascination in the minutiae of health and safety statistics purely by means of my voice (if that's not too Gilbert Hardingesque) I seem to have passed vocal muster. No idea at present how much work this will amount to, but the blog will report on developments.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your corporate masters decide they need a North American voice, by all means let me know. I can record, edit and mix here at home in my spare (!) time.

Or would that be outsourcing, in the bad sense?

Congratulations on all the changes. That's a lot of excitement at your age, but I know you'll soldier on. ;-)

2/11/06 3:23 am  
Blogger Nick said...

Lex - their clientele seem to be international, so I'll let you know if my attempts to manage a southern accent fall flat . . .

2/11/06 6:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corporate DVDs?! This is ironic, isn't it?

Or should we expect to hear you as Dave the Chameleon's New Voice of Green, Compassionate Conservatism?

3/11/06 8:56 pm  
Blogger Nick said...

Herr Doktor, as you well know, there are only two words I have to say about conservatism, and the second is 'conservatism'. I leave the first to your imagination . . .

3/11/06 9:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home