'Agree With Everything - Deny Nothing - Embellish All

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Les Delices De Cumbria - Part XVI and XVII possibly XVIII: Ice Cream and Lemonade and...

Just struck me that the previous couple of posts, or so, should have been in the Les Delices series. I also forgot my all time favourite simple meal. 2 slices of thickish cut white bread fried and served with boiled tinned plum tomatoes (the ones without skin) with a little salt and pepper - put the salt on the bread before the tomatoes. You can add bacon, eggs, mushrooms and call it the 'full something or other' but I just prefer the bread and toms. I'm sure the Italians would have a fancy name for it. My gran called it 'Fried Bread and Tomatoes'.
It doesn't work with brown bread or fresh tomatoes by the way.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Errmm . . . bruschetta alla Gote???

23/5/07 12:29 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

You fogot the pepper!!

23/5/07 1:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salt on the bread and then pepper on the tomatoes. Ok happy now?

23/5/07 3:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twice a week at your school when I was there

23/5/07 9:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home