'Agree With Everything - Deny Nothing - Embellish All

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Amour - And A Man With A Dog

This blog has been uncharacteristically silent - largely because the sorts of things I was likely to post about are precisely the sorts of things I'm not inclined to record in this blog. The Renaissance Couple have decamped to South Africa for six months (where I'll shortly be joining them for a brief holiday). Some time before their departure I agreed to dogsit Ben The Trailhound. On hearing of this innovation in my domestic arrangements, V promptly combusted in a terminal lather. The upshot of which strange fashion of forsaking is that I have gained custody of a trailhound for the winter. So far, I'm pleased to say, the relationship has been one of mutual trust, respect, admiration and affection. It must be something to do with the cheese treats I feed him . . .

5 Comments:

Blogger Brian Dawes said...

A bit of mixed metaphor ... combust .... terminal lather!!! Have decided though to recommence blogging.. stand by!

30/12/07 10:40 am  
Blogger Nick said...

Mixed indeed, ingredients deliberately and carefully chosen . . . weclome back yourself to the world of blogging. We await developments.

30/12/07 10:42 am  
Blogger Lex Alexander said...

Welcome back, Nick. By the by, your item about the sewer-exploding brassiere made our year-end list of weird stuff, and you're credited at the bottom as "special correspondent."

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071230/NRSTAFF/700546803/-1/LIFE

Happy New Year!

L.

2/1/08 2:56 pm  
Blogger Lex Alexander said...

Let me try to imbed that link.

2/1/08 2:57 pm  
Blogger Nick said...

Lex, that's wonderful - thanks. Though I'm still wondering what 'scary' songs Bob Dylan was singing to his grandson's class . . .(met that Richard Thompson over morning coffee the other day & he wasn't scary at all - quite charming in fact . . .). I'll have to see if we can outdo the Geordie Exaploding Bra story in 2008 . . .

3/1/08 6:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home